Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Thank You Marshall


Four weeks ago I reluctantly entered the blogosphere to help hone my writing skills.  Like the bio says “to practice big words and perfect bad grammar.”  I’ve cringed at the self-indulgence of blogging and swore myself I wouldn’t do the same.  Trouble.  Seems blogging is a little more addictive than anticipated and I spend my week constructing blogs in my mind and wondering if my hilarious antidote about my crazy neighbours would make a good read.  This week I had planned to cram as many big words as I could into my blog in an attempt to “get serious” and stop banging on about myself.  But then this afternoon I experienced 5 minutes and 46 seconds of pure clarity that I just can’t contain.

I ran this afternoon.  And with my I-Pod loaded with new songs I felt amazing. Then my favourite, all-time favourite running song came on – Lose Yourself by Eminem. 

If you had one shot, or one opportunity
to seize everything you ever wanted, one moment
Would you capture it?
Or just let it slip.
Yo

Marshall Mathers AKA Eminem
As I ran in time to the beat and the F-Bombs I felt unstoppable.   I really could do anything I set my mind to, thank you Eminem, and yo to you to.   Body and mind as one, I felt strong, fit and confident.  

How amazing is the power of music.  Whether it’s the Rocky anthem or my other favourite running song, Christina Aguilera “Candyman” (don’t laugh, it’s got a great beat!) I’m sure everyone has THAT song that makes them feel great and can pick them up from the darkest of places. 

What’s the song that makes YOUR heart sing? 

Peace out.

PS – Almost forgot my Big Word.  And as I’ve strayed from format this week I’ve included the biggest word according to Guinness 1992 – Floccinaucinihilipilification.
“My inclusion of this post script at the end of the blog is a complete floccinaucinihilipilification.”

No comments:

Post a Comment