Tuesday, April 10, 2012

What is love? A blog about Sex, Red Velvet Cupcakes and Adele


This week I’m tapping back into my reason for beginning this blog.   As much as I love to share intimate details of my private life with you all, my intention was to learn more about words and writing.  A literary gym if you will.

I read an article this week on powerful words used in sales and marketing.  Triggers for the reader to take notice and listen more closely to your message.  I’ve learnt a thing or two and will incorporate these in my business as well as when convincing my husband I do need that new pair of boots this winter.   

So here's the list.  I promise you won't look at advertising the same way afterwards...
You
Results
Health
Guarantee
Discover
Love
Proven
Safety
Save
New

If you haven’t realised already, I’m sorry dear reader, but you’ve been duped. 

As much as I know you would love me to share a dirty little story about Adele and Red Velvet Cupcakes, the title is simply a concoction of some of the most searched words on Google for 2011, a fascinating list I stumbled across recently.  When it comes to powerful words, this is it – according to Google.

Love the hair Beiber!
Most Googled question – What is Love?  Or perhaps this is a reflection of our infatuation with 90’s pop sensation Haddaway??
Most Googled food – Red Velvet Cupcakes
Most Googled person – Adele
and to round off the list, the Most Googled Image of 2011 was the little cutie Justin Beiber.

I'm also curious to see the stats from this post to see how many people clicked through after spying the most popular trigger word of all-time - SEX.

No comments:

Post a Comment