Friday, May 04, 2012

A Picture Says....Week 2

Hello friends, I hope you enjoy the second of my posting in my creative Blog-Off initiated by the lovely Kelly at www.kellyexeter.com.au...


The smell of the rain on the cobblestone filled her nostrils as she explored another quaint lane way.

Finally, she was here.  The journey from Australian suburbia to Parisian laneway had been more emotional than she’d anticipated.  What began as a simple decision to take a 12 month contract with the Paris branch resulted in a tangled mess of hurt feelings and broken promises.  It wasn’t supposed to be like this, she lamented.
 
“I only wanted to taste a REAL chocolate croissant”, she said out loud as the buttery smell from yet another bakery wafted by.

He had Skyped her already, every day in fact.  With beer bottles and the sound of his mates laughter in the background, she knew she didn’t belong there anymore.  In only a week, she had been introduced to the culture, the decadence, the romance.  Yes it was confirmed, she was in love, with Paris. 

Each step she took led her further from her past, and like the rain falling from the sky, washed away the past to reveal the beautiful rainbow of the future.  

5 comments:

  1. Cass when I read your blogs I don't want them to end. I want to keep reading, you must write a romance novel, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Cassy I want to read more...it sounds like me at 25! (If only I'd stayed away)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, thanks so much for your comment. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
      x

      Delete
  3. Oh Cassy that line holds so much promise and hope! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly, I'm glad you liked it. I must admit I was a little nervous after reading yours first - it was amazing!
      x

      Delete